Demonstration Cable or Metal-Pipe Tracing
Cable or pipe tracing is the first thing to do. This gives us the opportunity to find the two main points of the cable line (N1-Start and End-N2)
1. The voltage cable is traced using only the receiver at the frequency of the cable line, for example, 50 Hz (without using a generator). Tracing cable lines underground and determining the location of the beginning N1 and end N2 of the cable line.
2. Cable routing without voltage, using the receiver and generator (We connect one end of the generator output cable to ground, and the other to the cable without voltage)
3. Demo if direct connection is not available (use Clamp)
|4. The generator is mounted on the cable (on top of the cable). We turn on the mode of signal transmission to the cable via the internal antenna.|
|5. An additional antenna is mounted on the cable (on top of the cable). We turn on the mode of signal transmission to the cable via the Additional Antenna. (Option if the generator supports Additional Antenna).|
|6. Finding damaged cable lines with the help of megohm meter.|
Electromagnetic location methods
Electromagnetic location methods – the method is based on electromagnetic induction. Locators do determine the position of pipes and cables.
Electromagnetic location methods has the following distinctive characteristics:
1. search from the ground and definition the presence of underground communications;
2. trace and identify specific lines;
3. measurement of the depth of communication directly from the ground;
4. portability of equipment;
5. low equipment weight and capability effective use even inexperienced by the operator (for most operations);
6. possibility of using equipment on all types of soil and even under water;
7. low cost of equipment and its individual components for the implementation of this method.
Electromagnetic location methods – detect the magnetic field around the communication created by alternating current flowing through it. Presence of magnetic fields around communication with current and allows you to define her position. Communication isolation or presence different types of soil does not change the type of field. Variable the current generates a detectable electromagnetic field or “signal”. Which is installed on the generator and provides the possibility of efficient location using electromagnetic induction. Let’s start with the fact that, in general, most of the locators known today.
Electromagnetic location methods are like domestic and foreign production, operates on one principle – the electromagnetic induction. They all respond to changes in the electrical current flowing through the communication. If we work with a live cable – we work in a passive mode (without a generator). The cable de-energized – create it with a generator. Thus, it can be concluded that any the tracker can work and seek equal results.